Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's 2012 and Afghan Time!

Happy 2012 Friends and Crafters!  Welcome to a wonderful new year of crafting.  In light of the winter season I chose some patterns to celebrate the chilly weather outside!

Brick Afghan

Afghans are fairly great crochet projects.  Consider the afghan.  Versatile.  Fun to make.  Fun to receive.  Comfortable and comforting.  Expressive.  Thoughtful.  Traditional.  Whimsical.  Heritage.  Progressive.

Checkered Afghan

Who knew afghans were so complex?  Well, I'm no expert and in all honesty have only created a few afghans in my day, but aren't afghans pretty cool?  Few other hand made, high quality gifts can be created while I sit and watch my favorite show with my hubby in the evening, or while watching my sons at Taekwondo.

Mexican Siesta Afghan

Can't you hear the afghan?  It says, "Yes, I am complex and beautiful."  (No, not all of my yarn based crafts talk to me.)  Seriously, creating an afghan, whether knit or crochet, is a fun, enjoyable experience that I would hate for you to miss out on!

Help raise afghan awareness!  And remember, we love feedback and photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...